Wednesday, January 20, 2010

About time too!

OK, so I was never any good at keeping a diary either! It's been far too long since I gave any kind of update on what's been going on.

To be honest, there's not been much interesting stuff to report. When I established Rarebits, I had great visions of making bespoke parts in-house, but the reality never quite worked out like that. Making parts takes time, and while you're putting time into R&D, you're not making any money to live on! So the mundane trade of run of the mill Triumph parts took precedence, with in-house design very much on the back burner.

Last year I made the decision to get back to basics, and remember why I got into this business. With the winter being the quietest time of year, I have thrown myself into pattern making, mainly relating to obsolete plastic and rubber mouldings. I've also needed to experiment with moulding methods and materials, so it's been a very industrious period for me. I'm beginning to see results from my work, with the first new product in some time going into production today.

More updates in a couple of days, when I can show you the fruits of my labour.

Cheers,
Bill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home