Monday, December 10, 2007

A modern Triumph!


Well everything's relative! I can't say I was looking for a Spitfire 1500, my own tastes lean more towards the earlier roundtail Spitfires, so this is a modern car in my world.
Nevertheless, I found myself enquiring about this one, after it was mentioned on one of the mailing lists I subscribe to. Sometimes you get a gut feeling about a car, and this one turned out good.

Having spent 14 years in a nice dry garage, the tyres even hold air. The mechanical condition is unknown, the rockers are completely dry so I have not tried turning the engine yet. The car has been well looked after and shouldn't need any structural repairs before returning to the road. An overhaul of the braking system looks like the most complicated work needed, so hardly rocket science. Nevertheless I won't get too excited in case that engine needs serious work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home